Tuesday 13 December 2011

Stonegrill at the Met

Ambiance: Clean, feels like a diner or a Red Robbins

Seating/Wait time: Plenty of seats, no wait time. 

Dress Code: Casual

Crowd: Everybody


Meal: 

Lobster Chipotle Panini
$11.00
Stone Grill Lobster
Vegetables sides and Potato
$26.00


Personal Remarks:  Waste of time, Waste of Money! This is a poser fine dining restaurant.  

I'm going to get right onto reviewing the food.  The Panini and side yam fries was disgusting. The yam fries were cold and stale the panini itself was just so bare bones.  It was like frozen seafood from Costco or Superstore with some cheese.  It was not good.  Biggest waste of $11.00.



The "Stone" gimmick is so overrated.  The cheapness of the sides made this so unappetizing.  Powder mashed potatoes and the cheapest assortment of vegetables made this so disgusting.  The stupid garnish did nothing for me.

The thing that frustrated me the most is that all the sides seemed like they were fresh out the microwave and the lobster is going to be cooked in front of me.  But it took nearly 30 minutes for the food to reach the table.  In fact the restaurant was not busy at all either.  My assumption is it took them 5 minutes to get everything ready but they dragged on the time so it seems like they actually prepare the food fresh or they're just waiting for the food to defrost.



Nothing about the food made me want to come back.  I'm glad that the stone does work and the lobster got cooked.  After feeling so ripped off, next time I want lobster, I'm going to T&T and buy a fresh one from the tank then grill that baby in front of me.  It will only cost me $13.00 only and I don't just get the tail.    

Value: 0/5 Overall: 1/5

Stonegrill @ the Met on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment