Saturday 3 December 2011

Green Lemongrass

Ambiance: Clean-ish, like a lot of other Vietnamese restaurants 

Seating/Wait time: Plenty of seats

Dress Code: Casual

Crowd: Everybody


Meal: 

"T23" Hu Tieu Do Bien Chua Cay
Seafood, tomato and pineapple in a spicy tamarind soup
(non-spicy)

Large $8.00


"G1" Vietnamese Drip coffee
$3.50




Personal Remarks:  I've been looking all over town for "Bien Chua" because my mom only makes this when her sister visits Vancouver.  So, when my aunt isn't in town, and I want to eat this, I can't.  


It wasn't until a few months ago that I finally ate at Green Lemongrass.  My friends come here after badminton, but the one time they came, I couldn't go.  A couple of weeks later, I decided to come here myself and found Bien Chua on the menu and I was so excited.  Sadly, I had no one to share my excitement with.

So far I've only found Joyeaux Cafe and here to serve Bien Chua.  


This dish is so full of goodies, it's really hard for me to try other dishes on the menu because I can't think of another dish that I want to try.  The broth is drinkable and flavourful.  There's an abundance of seafood and noodles.  This is more expensive than Joyeaux, but the portion is bigger here.


The Vietnamese coffee drip coffee is just the same as it is anywhere else.  After ordering it, I wish I had actually saved my $3.50 because I could have went to Starbucks for a $2.00 coffee instead.  I didn't expect the soup to be so tasty,  I actually didn't need to order the coffee here.


Value: 4/5 Overall: 4/5

Green Lemongrass on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment