Friday 16 November 2012

Joey Burnaby

HOURS: 
Sun to Wed 11am to midnight
Thu 11am to 1am
Fri & Sat 11am to 2am



Ambiance: Clean and modern with a choice between two seating areas.

The Bar:  TV’s, alcoholic beverages, more lively, lots of shouting.

Dining Area:  More relaxed, conversational, and comfortable.

Deciding which area to sit in, depends on your mood and if there is a game or fight going on.  

Seating/Wait time: Plenty of seats

Dress Code: Casual

Crowd: Everybody

Meal: 


Lunch Rotisserie Chicken
Fries and Coleslaw
$19.00

Personal Remarks:  

My default meal at Joey’s is always the Ahi Tuna Burger.  My friend said I was predictable and boring, always eating the Ahi Tuna Burger.  So, to prove to him that I am capable of trying different items I ordered the Rotisserie Chicken.

I don’t normally order chicken at restaurants because they cook the chickens dry.   I hate dry chicken and it usually ends with me hating my meal. 

My favourite part to eat of the chicken is the skin.  It is not healthy but it is so tasty. 

Despite having a great workout in the morning, the temptation was just too great.  My mind was made up on the chicken, and the chicken was what I was going to eat.

When the chicken came out it looked better than I imaged and it was a full dish.  My initial thought was if this is the lunch portion, then dinner portion must be huge!

The sides were tasty; the fries lost its crunch quickly but the coleslaw was good.  I would recommend you substitute the fries for a salad instead.   

Chicken was juicy and not dry.  It wasn't overcooked either and the skin was amazing.  This is an awesome guy dish and a great protein lunch.

Taste and overall experience was great.  However, the price tag of $19 is a little bit much for lunch.  It’s a great “I got a raise today” or “I think I deserve it” meal.

Maybe pack your lunch for 4 days then come here on the Friday to try the chicken!

Value: 2/5 Overall: 4/5


Joey Burnaby on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment