Wednesday 14 November 2012

The Reef (Commercial)

Hours
Monday to Friday          11:00 a.m. ~ til late
Saturday & Sunday       10:00 a.m. ~ til late


Awesome Halloween Decorations!



Ambiance: Very cool, they decorated like a Caribbean shack.  Really gets you in the mood as you walk right through the doors.  

Seating/Wait time: Reservations recommended.

Dress Code: Casual


Crowd: Everybody
Meal: 



Complementary Scones




Plantain Chips
$6.00



 Ackee and Saltfish
$17.00

Personal Remarks:  

Plantain Chips are so good! I recommended this as a share plate.  The best part was the mayo sauce.  The mayo is a tangy and spicy.  It is a wonderful complement to the crunchy plantain chips.  We had six people at the table and one order was great to share between everyone.

I was so excited to try the fish.  When it came out, the presentation could have been better.  It looked pretty messy. 

The fish was cooked well plus it was boneless.  But that doesn't mean you should not watch out for it. 



My favorite part of the dish was not the fish.  It was actually the coleslaw.  My friends and I were all complementing the coleslaw because it was a side that a lot of us had.

The rice was okay.  But after adding a bit of their house made sauce in that red jar.  The rice went from blah to amazing.  Their house made sauce is really spicy, so a little goes a long way.


There are so many items on the menu that I want to try.  I am already looking forward to my next visit.  The next time I definitely intend to try the Jerk Chicken.

Value: 5/5 Overall: 4/5

The Reef on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment