Monday 23 January 2012

Ding Hao Noodle House 頂好牛肉麵

Ambiance: Clean and simple, looks a lot like the other Taiwanese BBT places around town.


Seating/Wait time: Plenty of seats

Dress Code: Casual

Crowd: Everybody


Meal:

A13 Crispy Chicken w/ Noodle Soup
TW popcorn chicken, green & fried onion, clear broth
$7.95


They gave a good amount of noodles for a small. The portion was not obscenely small in size and obviously not as generous as a large. I weigh 135lbs and it was enough for me.


The chicken was not burned and each piece was not small. The oil they used was decent, if the chicken came out too dark that means they overuse their oil too much and are too cheap to use new oil. I didn't get any pieces that was just batter which is a good thing. Overall, the popcorn chicken is a 3/5. Not really bad, not really great.

Personal Remarks:

Initial Expectations: My friends and I were supposed to go to the sushi restaurant in the same complex, but they were very busy and we didn't want to wait for a seat there. They've been here before and this was my first time here.

I appreciate that the bowls are clean, but I prefer not to taste bleach when eating. Before devouring the noodles, I like to take a spoonful of the soup and taste it. The broth wasn't special (water+oil), but the after taste of bleach was bothersome. It's great that this lets the customers know their food is being served in a clean bowl. But no one wants to taste bleach in their food.

The bleach taste could have been on the spoon and not the bowl. Regardless, this is not a big deal, but there are alternatives out there, and restaurants should use them.

Other than the bleach thing, the price and portion size is good enough to keep me coming back.

Value: 3/5 Overall: 3/5

Ding Hao Noodle House 頂好牛肉麵 on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment