Tuesday 24 January 2012

True Confections (Broadway)

Ambiance: Romantic-ish, seats too close together for any intimate conversation.

Seating/Wait time: Not that big, available seating varies depending on the time of day you come. When people get a seat they don't leave immediately, there is a long waiting when people settle down because they just sit and chat.

Dress Code: Casual

Crowd: Everybody

Meal:

Chocolate Hazelnut Cake
$8.75

This was actually more sweet than I can handle, I can handle a lot of sweet. I take like 2 splenda's in my coffee and eat a lot of candy, I'm the only Asian that doesn't ask for "less sweet" in my drinks when eating out. Every time my mom see's me she asks if diabetes found me yet. This was so sweet that we couldn't even finish it.

Strawberry Cheesecake
$6.75

The strawberry cheesecake was a lot better. I don't like the fact that it doesn't have a breadcrumb crust. The strawberry tasted more like jelly (made from concentrate) than jam (made from real strawberry's). Texture wise, it could have been mixed longer. It wasn't clumpy and it wasn't as smooth as it should be for a cheesecake.

Size wise and quality wise, this is more like a $4.00 cheesecake and I think store bought ones do a better job.

Coffee
$2.45

Compare with Starbucks Tall House Coffee - $1.75.

Personal Remarks:

Granted the size Height x Width is as big as the plates themselves, but the lack of Depth was disappointing. The great thing about True Confections is the display of cakes, everything in there looks so delicious.

I wish it was gelato restaurant style and they gave you a spoon to sample the cakes before choosing one.

This is one of the most expensive desert shops I've been to and they just under delivered in terms of quality. If they increased the volume then this would be a great place to go. Then this place would actually give value even thought their quality is sub-par. However, just because this restaurant is on the west side of Vancouver it doesn't mean their quality is good.

This would not be a good place to bring a date for an after dinner chat. This place does not impress anyone. Their coffee is bad and you're way better off finding a Starbucks.

Value: 2/5 Overall: 3/5

True Confections (Broadway) on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment