Thursday 24 November 2011

Cora Breakfast and Lunch

Ambiance: American style diner


Seating/Wait time: Big restaurant, but still very Busy for brunch, expect to wait 20-30 minutes.


Dress Code: No shoes, no shirt, no service!


Crowd: Anyone

Meal: 

Crepomlette (Ham and Swiss)
Stuffed with a Western-Cheddar omelette, covered in Hollandaise sauce, served with fresh fruit and toast.
$12.95
Personal Remarks:  Don't be fooled by the pictures on the menu.  I relied on their nice picture and was heavily disappointed with what they brought me.  The first words that came out of my mouth was literally, "Where's the rest of it?" 


The picture showed massive amounts of fruit overflowing to the edges, the plates looked so full making you think, "hrmm...I guess I need to loosen another notch on my belt.  BUT NO! The fruit cup was dinky! If I didn't put that piece of toast there for the sake of the picture the plate would be so empty.  


The crepomlette was tiny in comparison to what the picture showed and left me disappointed.  There are other things on the menu, and I truly recommend you trying other things.  Avoid this dish at all costs because value wise it is not there at all.  Because of the misleading advertising my overall experience at this restaurant is completely ruined.  


A lot of the items are overpriced, and it seems you're just paying for the fruit.  Last thing, the Hollandaise sauce is not tasty either and take a look at that strawberry! So much white on it, they gave me an unripe strawberry which was not sweet at all.  It was a very disappointing experience.
Value: 1/5 Overall: 2/5

Cora Breakfast & Lunch on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

B.Bousa said...

Hi There, it's unfortunate you were not pleased with your meal. I just wanted to post a quick response as to why you received your order the way you did. Toast can be served in a basket as opposed to a plate if another person in your party orders it. I agree that this could give the perception that you are not receiving the amount ordered, however the same quantity that is in the photo is what we serve. In fact, all the photos in our menu are actual. I guess the crepo wasn't the dish for you, but if your future ventures ever send you in the direction of any one of over 125 Cora's then please let me know as I'd love to recommend my favorite dish to you!

Eat for One said...

What do you recommend?

B.Bousa said...

Well I am bias of course, but will always put the Samira Wake-Up with Brie on top of my list. That's mainly a fruit dish but does also come with toast. However, I also recommend the Smoked Salmon Benedictine or the Fruit waffle if you're after something a bit sweeter. You have to be a fan of coulis and English cream to really enjoy the waffles!

Post a Comment