Wednesday 30 November 2011

Hi-Nippon Japanese

Ambiance: Semi Traditional with the "Shoe's Off Booths"

Seating/Wait time: Good amount of seating, not that busy.

Dress Code: No shoes, no shirt, no service!

Crowd: Everybody


Meal: 

Maki Combination A
Wild Salmon, Tuna, Kappa 1 Roll Each
$7.50
Maki Combination C
California, Dynamite, B.C. 1 Roll Each
$10.95
Personal Remarks: Hi-Nippon ran a great race, then lost their breath at the finish!  T.I.P.S., "To Insure Prompt/Proper Service"!

It wasn't until after I ordered the Maki Combo A & C that I noticed their lunch menu.  After carefully looking at their lunch special, a Lunch Box for $8.95 is an amazing deal!

Click Picture to see Menu
I even contemplated about cancelling one of the Maki's and order one of the Lunch Box's.  I think the Lunch Box's would be a great take out item.  The deal lasts until 3:00pm.  So, if you work in the area, this is a great place to go for the deal.

Other people ordered the Lunch Box's and they were full size, not specifically made smaller "lunch versions".  You definitely get your money's worth.

The food here is average.  I like the fact they used wild salmon as opposed the cheap salmon for the roll.  The food was clean, the rolls were not as tight as they should be, so once you pick them up, the sushi would fall apart.  

Other than the sushi falling apart as they go from the soy sauce plate to your mouth the food is edible.  Nothing really to rave about here.  But there is something to complain about.

Everything was great, they earned the normal 15% gratuity from me.  However, when it came time to pay, I put my hand up and no one was around so I got up and went to the cash register.  The 2 sushi chefs noticed me but pretended not to see me didn't bother to get one of the 2 waitress from the back to see if I could be helped.  

When one of the waitress saw me, she just ignored me.  She wasn't "my" waitress/server so I guess that's why didn't ask me what I wanted. Then, the phone rang.  I see my server dashing out from the back to answer the phone.  

I could over hear most of the conversation and it was someone calling asking to speak with the owner or an employee.  My server responded that owner or employee was out of town, and continued the conversation with them.  

I was starting to get agitate because my server was standing in front of the cash register and could have used the hand not holding the telephone to tap on the touch screen POS and print my bill.  Instead, I stood there in front of her for 6 minutes for her to finish her phone call.   

I was just pissed at how bad the service got at the end.

The other bad part was the other waitress that was "not" my server just stood there playing and throwing fake punches with the sushi chefs and chatting in Korean.  

In the end, when it came time to tip.  They got $1.00!

The service here was good throughout, it's just the end that really pissed me off.

Value: 4/5 Overall: 2/5

Hi-Nippon Japanese on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment