Tuesday 22 November 2011

Provence Marinaside

Ambiance: Intimate and Romantic, Up Scale


Seating/Wait time: Reservations recommended.  Sometimes they are extremely busy, and other times they can fit you in.  I've been there once and they had not seats, another time I went without reservations and there was ample seating.


Dress Code: Dressy Casual, please don't wear your runners or sports wear to this place.


Crowd: Upper Middle Class, 22 years + 


Meal: 
Ahi Tuna
chick pea fennel ragout, spinach, olives, baby bell pepper and caper berry vinaigrette
 $24.00 


Personal Remarks:  The restaurant just uses fresh ingredients, don't expect a magnificent blend of flavors that give you an orgasm in your mouth despite the high ratings.

The name of this restaurant is not WOW or very descriptive and if it was not for a meeting that went too long with my lawyers then I'm sure I would not have eaten at this restaurant.  I don't remember much about the meeting, but I do remember the meal.  

They said they frequent this restaurant so that means the food must be delicious (and expensive).  I was just glad they paid for the meal.  But I'm sure I indirectly paid for it with the legal bill.  

The patrons dressed very professional and the crowd was definitely classy.  Everything on the menu was simple and the ingredients seem seasonal which is a good sign that everything is fresh.  I was here for lunch so the portions were not grandiose and an appetizer is recommended over the side salad.  No point going to a high end restaurant when you can get the spring mix from Costco yourself.  

The Ahi Tuna was enough for me and it will be enough for a lot of you too.  Tuna isn't overly hard to cook, but it is easy to over cook. The tuna was perfectly cooked, with a decent (not great) amount of sides.  

The portions will not fill you up, it will just make you content for the time being, 2 hours later I found myself hungry again.  The menu looks good and there are other dishes I want to try too like the spaghetti or seafood linguine which the lawyers ordered.  But when they came out there wasn't a lot of pasta so if you expect a good portion, don't get it.  

Value: 4/5 Overall: 4/5


Provence Marinaside Restaurant on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment