Monday 21 November 2011

Vij's

Ambiance: Romantic but not intimate, dressy casual, keep your runners at home.


Seating/Wait time: No reservations allowed, LONG TIME!


Dress Code: Dressy Casual


Crowd: Upper Middle Class


Meal: 


Spicy pork belly (natural) with apple/mint chutney $3.50/spoon
Beef Short ribs braised in yogurt, tomato, and cumin curry $27.00


Personal Remarks:  I was okay about waiting for a seat because of the no reservations thing, they had periodically come by with snacks so you don't starve for the hour that you're standing around.

The worst part of the night was where we ordered that thing on a spoon. The spoon stuff was sour and there was another small side dish to complement the sour stuff. We noticed everyone eating it so we decided to try it too. Lucky us, we were the only ones that had egg shells in ours. Not only did I have egg shells in my mouth for the entire night.  We told the waitress and one would expect the manager to come by to apologize, which would be nice.  But no!  When he came by to find out what was wrong he was very smug and said, "it's only egg shells". Of course it's not going to kill me but when you pay $6 for 2 spoons of something you'd expect some good a$$ food! 


In order to taste what it should have tasted like I had to ask him for another spoon of that crap, when it came they ONLY gave me the spoon of that sour stuff without the side plate of the complement dish to counter act the sour stuff.  He came by later to ask how things were, I said, "That was so sour, and he said yeah you're supposed to eat it with the side dish".  I was steaming mad at this point and wanted to leave before my mains.  I was very unhappy by this point. 


NEVER EVER going back!  SERVICE SUCKED! Don't waste your money here, let them take money from other suckers.



Value: 0/5 Overall: 0/5

Vij's on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment