Thursday 24 November 2011

The Tipper

Ambiance: Pub, rustic, like a recreation room with tables, no it's not a romantic restaurant!


Seating/Wait time: Not a busy restaurant, just take a seat


Dress Code: No shoes, no shirt, no service!


Crowd: Anyone


Meal: 
Beef Dip 
shaved roast beef, swiss cheese, fresh made au jus,
served on a toasted garlic Portuguese bun
 $9.89


Personal Remarks:  This is not a well constructed sandwich.  A well constructed sandwich does not fall apart as you eat it.  


When you order this sandwich, accept the fact that it will get messy.  The Jus is going to run down your fingers as you eat this, meat is going to be sliding out the sides because the bun is too small.  The beef is quite dry, so I don't think they do this daily,  I'm pretty sure it's not fresh and just re-heated meat.  


This is a finger lickn' sandwich.  Just make sure you don't do what I did, which was order it during a business meeting.  I was extremely embarrassed eating this thing because it made me look like a slob.  Portion and taste wise, it's okay, definitely not a $10.00 sandwich  what let me down was that the Jus was said to be fresh made, but it didn't taste like it, actually none of it tasted fresh.  


Also, the pricing really bothered me .89 cents?  If this was priced at $6.89 it would have the value and would be reasonable for the quality, but it was just $3.00 short of where it should be. 


 For $10.00 I'd expect everything to be made in house, but it just didn't taste that way.  The only decent priced item on the menu is the beer and I think that's how they get people through the door.

Value: 2/5 Overall: 3/5

The Tipper on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment