Tuesday 22 November 2011

Sushi Nara

Ambiance: Simple, Basic, Semi-Hygienic


Seating/Wait time: No wait time


Dress Code: No shoes, no shirt, no service!


Crowd: Anyone

Meal: 

B.C. Roll Combo 
B.C. Roll (6), Salmon Sushi (2), Tuna Sushi (1), Ebi Sushi (1)
$6.90
Personal Remarks: I came here when it was 6:00pm, and it was just me, I felt like a VIP with the entire restaurant to myself.  Except, there was no VIP service.  But I am glad I got service.  What made go into a restaurant that no one was dining at?  Honestly, it was the big sign of specials they had posted on the outside window.  




When I re-read the specials more carefully, I realized that, maybe it was a bad idea to eat a restaurant that no one is eating at... but being the only one in the restaurant, I would be too ashamed to get up and walk out.  


I ended up ordering the B.C. Roll Combo, it was decent, kind of small and lacking in content.  The Tuna and Salmon was kind of warm (which is not good), they should be more refrigerated or at least not at room temperature.  That was kind of disgusting.  Also, the grade and quality, I can say with certainty is the same as what you would get at All You Can Eat restaurants.  


I know this because I eat at a lot of AYCE restaurants and you can just taste over time what you are eating.  Just like how people can taste the difference between Coke and Pepsi.  


Value wise, it just is not there when you're eating the same quality grade fish at an AYCE joint when you're not at one.  I do commend them for trying to "pretend" like they serve big pieces of Tuna and Salmon by slicing them thin and wide.

Value: 2/5 Overall: 2/5


Sushi Nara on Urbanspoon


1 comments:

vancitygypsy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment